Terms of Service
Last updated: June 2017
These Terms of Service (‘Terms’) govern your access to and use of fivesquid. Please therefore ensure you read these Terms carefully before using the site. In using the site and/or creating an account, you agree to accept and be bound by these Terms.
How the website works
- You must be registered on fivesquid in order to buy or sell through the site. Registration is free for both Buyers and Sellers
- Individual services are set at a fixed price, starting at £5 (five pounds, UK sterling)
- Payment is made in advance for all services and payment is released to the Seller upon mutually agreed completion of the service
- Members outside of the UK can pay for services in their local currency. All currency conversion rates are subject to the terms of the payment processor (e.g. PayPal/Stripe)
- You may not offer or accept payment for services on fivesquid using any method other than by placing an order through fivesquid
- Buyers are granted all rights in the work delivered (e.g. copyright in designs), unless otherwise specified by the Seller within their service description or as agreed with the Buyer.
Commission on Orders
- For each £5 service successfully completed, the Seller’s account will be credited with £4
- For each £10 service successfully completed, the Seller's account will be credited with £8
- For each £20 service successfully completed, the Seller's account will be credited with £17
- For each £50 service successfully completed, the Seller's account will be credited with £45
Orders and add-ons - percentage commission:
- For all £5 - £15 orders successfully completed, we charge commission at 20%
- For all £20 - £45 orders successfully completed, we charge commission at 15%
- For £50 - £300 orders successfully completed, we charge commission at 10%
- For all custom orders of £300 or more successfully completed, we charge commission at 10%.
- All orders are handled through fivesquid. fivesquid will release payment to the Seller on successful completion and delivery of their order
- In order to withdraw revenues, the Seller must have a valid PayPal account that is set up to receive incoming payments
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal after a safety clearance period of 12 to 15 days
- PayPal imposes a fee for withdrawing revenues, so the more cost effective that is for the seller
- Once funds have been withdrawn from the Seller’s account, they cannot be re-credited
- If for any reason an order is cancelled, the Seller's revenues will be returned to the Buyer
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be reversed.
- Every new member of fivesquid has seven credits issued to their account
- Credits are required in order to create a service or to provide a quote for a request
- Credits are spent as follows and are taken from the Seller's credit balance at the time of publishing the service or responding to a request:
|Create a £5 service
|Create a £10 service
|Create a £20 service
|Create a £50 service
|Respond to a request
- Sellers earn one credit each time they receive positive feedback from a Buyer
- Sellers can also upgrade to a PRO Seller account which gives Sellers an additional 50 credits. Sellers can only upgrade once
- Credits are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The Seller will be notified by email when a Buyer orders a service
- The Seller must deliver their completed order within the timeframe specified in their service description. Failure to do so will permit the Buyer to cancel the order and may adversely affect the Seller's ratings
- The Seller’s ratings are calculated based on feedback received from Buyers, the number of orders completed/cancelled and delivery timeframes met
- Both the Buyer and the Seller have the option to cancel an order by mutual agreement. This will have no negative effect on either party. If the Seller alone decides to cancel an order, this will have an adverse effect on their rating. The seller is not permitted to cancel an order without good cause.
PRO Seller upgrade and subscription services:
- Sellers can upgrade their account to a PRO Seller. Thepricing and benefits of upgrading can be found here
- Recurring (subscription) services are only available to PRO Sellers. These are services which can be offered to Buyers on a weekly or monthly recurring basis
- Each weekly or monthly order is treated as an individual order to which the above terms for Handling orders and all other terms will apply
- The Buyer can cancel the subscription at any time Should the Buyer seek to cancel an order that is in progress, they will need to cancel by mutual agreement
- Commissions on orders is as detailed above on each recurring order.
Privacy and guidelines
- Seller and Buyer identities are kept anonymous. In order to protect your privacy, please do not request or provide email addresses, Skype/IM usernames or any other personal contact information
- The exchange of all communications, information and files should be performed exclusively through the site using the fivesquid messaging system
- Posting or sending illegal, potentially offensive, abusive, copyright protected, promotional, spam, violent or otherwise harmful material will result in your account being disabled
- We do not accept services that offer to post false reviews. Any listing found to be offering such services will be removed from the site without prior notice to the Seller
- Please check your local laws and regulations before purchasing any service. fivesquid is not responsible for the use or outcomes of any services hosted on the site, whether intended or otherwise.
Orders - Delivery & communications
- The Seller is responsible for checking that all files they transfer are free of any viruses or malware. fivesquid will not be responsible for any damage incurred as a result of damaged content or files transferred
- The Seller must deliver completed files and/or proof of work completed using the 'Deliver Work' tab (located on the Order Page)
- Once an order is delivered, the Buyer has three days to respond to the Seller with any modifications (if these are offered) or to file a complaint. After that time, the order will be marked as completed
- If a dispute arises between the Buyer and Seller, the parties are encouraged to try and resolve the matter themselves. If this is not possible then the Seller or Buyer may refer the matter to fivesquid Customer Support for arbitration
- fivesquid's decision is and will be final.
- Services may be purchased using a valid debit card, credit credit or via PayPal
- Once payment is confirmed, an order will be created. The Seller will be notified once the Buyer has submitted any required information through the order page
- If the buyer has specific requirements, they can post a request on the site via the ‘Post a Request’ feature located in the Buyer section of their account
- If there is credit balance in the Buyer’s fivesquid account which is greater than the purchase price of the service required, then payment will be taken from that balance rather than the Buyer’s nominated PayPal account/payment card
- The Buyer’s identity will remain anonymous at all times. The Buyer is reminded that in order to protect their privacy, they must not request or provide email addresses, Skype/IM usernames or any other personal contact information
- Payments outside of fivesquid for services offered on the site are not permitted. If the Buyer is asked to use an alternative method of payment, they must report it to fivesquid’s Customer Support team immediately
- Payments outside of fivesquid for services offered on the site are not permitted. If the Buyer is asked to use an alternative method of payment, they must please report it to fivesquid’s Customer Support team immediately
- All complaints should be directed to our Customer Support team. Users are asked to avoid filing a complaint via PayPal or their own bank as this may result in their fivesquid account being disabled
- Where an order is eligible for cancellation (e.g. due to late delivery) it can only be cancelled by Customer Support within 10 days of being marked as completed. After this time, the order cannot be cancelled.
All fivesquid purchases incur an administration fee. This fee helps us recover some of the payment transaction charges applied by our payment service providers. These providers enable us to offer our members a completely safe, secure and convenient payment platform, greatly reducing the risk of online fraud. The administration fee also helps towards our associated costs in manually handling payments, refunds, order-related disputes, and providing a reliable customer support service. More importantly, the fee means that we can invest more in our fivesquid community, bringing improved functionality to the site.
The administration fee is calculated as follows and is applied to the total payment amount at the time of purchase:
|£5.00 - £9.99
|£10.00 - £19.99
|£20.00 - £49.99
|£50.00 - £99.99
- Purchases made from Seller revenues in your fivesquid account are not subject to the above-mentioned fees
- Purchases made from Buyer credit in your fivesquid account (following a credit or refund) are not subject to theabove-mentioned fees
- Payments refunded to your PayPal account or original payment card following cancellation of an order will include a refund of the administration fee paid.
Recurring / subscription orders:
- Only PRO Sellers can offer recurring (subscription) services. These are services which can be offered to Buyers on a weekly or monthly recurring basis.
- Recurring services are handled as individual orders, but the raising of a new order and payment takes place automatically either monthly or weekly , depending on when you placed your initial order. For further information please refer to our FAQs
- The orders are handled in exactly the same way as regular orders and the above administration fee applies to each individual order
- Buyers can cancel a recurring order via the ‘My Orders’ section of their account. This will cancel the ongoing orders, but not the order in progress. To cancel this order you will need to cancel by mutual agreement with the seller.
Where the Buyer purchases a service that requires physical delivery, the Buyer will be required to provide a shipping address. The Seller will be responsible for all shipping arrangements once the Buyer supplies the shipping address. fivesquid does not handle or guarantee shipping, tracking, quality and condition of items or their delivery and shall not be responsible or liable for any damage or other problems caused, directly or indirectly, as a result of shipping.
- Any breach of our Terms of Service may result in the offender’s account being permanently disabled
- Where the Seller’s account has been disabled, they will be able to withdraw their revenues after a safety period of 45 to 90 days from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account. This is subject to our approval, taking into account the nature of the breach/violation
- We reserve the right to put any account on hold or to permanently disable it due to account misuse. A user whose account is on hold will not be able to sell or buy on fivesquid
- From time to time, we may make changes to our Terms of Service. An updated copy of the Terms will be made available at http://www.fivesquid.com/terms_of_service
- fivesquid is a UK based company and as such is subject to UK laws
- fivesquid pays all required taxes and levies, including VAT on the commission based service it provides. Where applicable, all Buyers and Sellers must ensure that they conform to their local rules and regulations and pay all required taxes associated with the purchase or sale of any service. We will not be held responsible for any liability incurred as a result of the sale or purchase of any services hosted on the site, other than our own legal commitments.
- We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle disputes amongst themselves. If for any reason they are not able to do so, they can submit a customer support ticket at http://support.fivesquid.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
- We will not refund payments made for cancelled orders back to the original source of payment. Refunds will be credited to the Buyer's fivesquid balance and may be used for future purchases on fivesquid.
By registering as a member on fivesquid, you may receive newsletters and other communications via email. See the section below on ‘Communications from the Site’.
It is the member's responsibility to use their account for its intended purpose and in line with fivesquid’s Terms. Failure to do so may incur an official warning or account suspension (depending on the violation in question). The following actions may attract an official warning or account suspension:
- Encouraging service Buyers to pay for services outside of the fivesquid website
- Sharing payment information or personal information that encourages others registered members to transact outside of the website
- Sending unsolicited emails to other members about services or products
Communications from fivesquid
Special Offers and Updates
We will occasionally send our members information on products, services, special deals and promotions. If you do not wish to receive these types of communications you can opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in the newsletter or communication, or by submitting a customer support ticket here.