Why live streaming should be an integral part of your marketing strategy
There's no doubt that social media is an integral part of marketing these days; it’s the go-to place for finding out what's happening in the world. Everyone has a smartphone, and people are always online and sharing content, making it easy for brands to access an audience and share their content.
With an increasing popularity surrounding the concept of live streaming, it is important to understand why so many people are interacting and sharing experiences in real-time, and therefore why it should be an integral part of your marketing strategy.
What is live streaming?
Live streaming is the broadcasting of real-time, live video through the Internet to audiences that may be situated anywhere in the world. In order to be able to live stream, you'll need a device that can connect to the Internet, such as a smartphone, tablet or laptop, and a platform to broadcast on.
Why are live streaming platforms so popular?
Live streaming offers individuals the chance to create, present and be seen by other people all over the world. It’s a fast, raw and very real representation that isn’t edited or delayed in any way. It is becoming so popular that social media giants such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are now utilising their platforms to showcase various live streaming possibilities.
Why implement live streaming into your marketing strategy?
- Accessibility – By using the Internet, social media, video marketing and live streaming, you're opening yourself to an audience of millions. There are more and more people accessing content through their smartphones than ever before, and that means you have the ability to easily access that online audience and share your content with them all.
- Video marketing – Live streaming is a natural progression from video marketing. You will already be familiar with video marketing and will more than likely have utilised it to market yourself, your company and/or your product. If you’re a part of online marketing (and let's be honest - you have to be in order to effectively promote your services to a wide variety of individuals) then you'll know that video marketing isn’t something that is going to fade away any time soon, so why not take a look at live streaming whilst you’re at it. Through live streaming, video marketing becomes interactive, and it really opens up a new way to interact with a person, company or product - and that's really exciting!
- Cost effective implementation – Live streaming is a cost effective innovation. When you are looking for a decent ROI before choosing any kind of marketing channel, you’ll want to consider live streaming as a viable and cheap option. All you need to create a live stream is an Internet connection and a good camera.
- Transparency – Any good businessperson or marketer knows that customers and clients want transparency when it comes to every aspect of their experience with you. They are looking to see what happens behind the scenes, as well as how their favourite company does things, and why. Thankfully, through social media platforms it is easier now more than ever to accomplish this. And through live streaming, your customers and clients can very easily see how you do things behind the scenes for free. You can demonstrate your latest product, take them on a tour of your office or factory space, and introduce them to your employees, all in real-time. It’s an intimate look at you and your company that is designed to make your customers and clients feel like they are a part of what it is you’re trying to achieve, and make them feel like they're right there in the room with you.
- Educational – This is often tied in with transparency because you are providing your customers and clients, potential and current, the opportunity to become educated on you, your company and/or your product. Live streaming usually offers the streamer and the viewers the ability to comment in real time, so you can answer important customer queries there and then, as well as allowing you to ask your viewers something and get an immediate answer in return. This is brilliant for enabling you to understand your target audience, and provides invaluable research in the long run.
- Community – A lot of people value a sense of community, and using live streaming can really aid in creating that environment. They can interact with you, and with other customers. This kind of positive connection helps to create a good user experience and, as a result, individuals are more likely to talk about and promote your brand.
So, we’ve seen that live streaming is growing in popularity and is the next logical step in video marketing. It should therefore be an integral part of your marketing strategy. If you're already familiar with the brilliance of online and video marketing, then it shouldn’t be too much of a leap for you to incorporate live streaming into your marketing plan. It’s simple to implement and cost effective too, so go on...give it a go!